I'm embarrassed to say that I'm posting this retroactively. In the holiday shuffle, I completely forgot about all the pictures I had taken, much less blogging about them. Isaac's birthday was on a Tuesday, so he played hooky from school and started his morning off with doughnuts and presents.
We got him the Phineas and Ferb video game (which he LOVED and played through multiple times with his brother), Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, a car wash for their Hotwheels cars, some Hotwheels track accessories, Legos, some books, art supplies, and a few other assorted items. He played with his toys for quite a while but spent most of the day playing his new video game.
In the afternoon we took him to Color Me Mine for the first time. He and Sammy each chose to paint their own mugs, while Ellie got a small bowl to paint. They had a blast painting their items and the finished products have been used countless times since to hold their hot cocoa, tea, and water.
That evening we had their cousins over for birthday pie: after several years of requesting birthday cakes that he didn't end up liking (always too sweet for him), he realized that he doesn't like cake very much and has decided that pie is the way to go. I'm more than happy to oblige! This year he requested Nutella pie and banana cream pie. Done!
Happy birthday to my sweet, funny, creative, thoughtful, AMAZING Isaac! We love you more than words can express!
"Please? Pretty please? So many pleases?"
"Wanna hear my new word? It's this: 'Silly monkey went to town, got a package and then went back into the town.'"
"Are you Dabe?"
"Inda-inda-boom" (All the gibberish words are his "new words")
"That be's like..."
* Super into Legos. Builds his own cars and such.
* Recently got into coloring and can color fairly well within the lines. He prolific, too. He goes through several coloring pages in one sitting.
*Recently started drawing his own pictures. Mostly trucks and cars, but sometimes there's a helicopter or tank involved.
Picking up something heavy: "Tough..."
When we offer help: "SELF!" A moment later: "help?"
"Boo! Dat... 'care you?"
"Gimme dat!" or "Gimme [item] pease!" We're working on her manners.
In bed late one night, pronounced so clearly after a series of unsuccessful attempts (some in gibberish) to get us to come upstairs: "Daddy, I miss you!" Collin was up there in two seconds flat.
* Wants to do whatever the boys are doing. Cars, coloring, chasing ("shasing"), legos - she just wants to be one of the gang.
* Loves the first half of the movie "Frozen", randomly sings songs from it and other things (ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, etc.).
* Loves watching Curious George with her brothers. It's the only show they all can agree on.
* Is really into dancing like a maniac right now.
"And guess what?" (inserted multiple times throughout each sentence)
"I don't want dinner, I want dinner" (applies to just about anything)
* So into reading right now. Last night he read 7 chapters straight out of his Ricky Ricotta book just for fun!!
* Loves coloring, drawing, making paper airplanees, legos, and Hot Wheels. Made all the Halloween decorations for our house this year.