* Getting much better at reading. Starting to realize he can read things spontaneously, like traffic signs and books.
* Is really good about eating his dinners. This may not sound like a big deal, but we're talking about the same kid who used to dry heave when we'd try to get him to eat a tiny bite of mushroom or zucchini or other food he didn't like. Now if it's something he doesn't like, he politely choke it down without any drama.
* Loves school! Comes home singing songs he learns there and practicing counting to 100. A lot.
* Favorite food: "Cake! Muffins! Pizza! Cookies! Chocolate chips! Joe-Joe's (Trader Joe's version of Oreos)!" Glad to know he likes eating healthy. :)
* Learning to ride a bike. He has the going part down, but the stopping part still intimidates him.
* One day a few months ago (yeah, it's been a while) he randomly told me, "Mommy, I hate gravity!"
* He's the family clown. If he can make a joke about it, he will. If he can do something to make you laugh, he will. Most everything he says devolves into potty humor pretty quickly.
* He's an unflappable little rapscallion! No amount of yelling at or disciplining will bring his spirits down. His retort of choice when asked to do something is, "I won't!" (spoken rascal-ishly with a smile), or if told not to do something, "I will!" When he sees Isaac having a fit he purposely stands right next to him, grinning devilishly, just to bug him. It works.
* LOVES to color! The coloring bug has bitten him hard - he spends hours coloring, then insists on hanging his creations on his bed or the fridge. We're running out of room!
this post). It's to do with his pooing issues, and I don't have the wherewithal to deal with it right now. Isaac went through the same thing, and it took over a year to be done with it. This time around, I'm just going to call the extra cost of diapers for that year an investment in my sanity. He'll get it by the time he's 18, I'm sure.
* "Scary face!"
* Loves doing puzzles! He can put together a 60-piece jigsaw puzzle with minimal assistance (as in, we help him find about 5 pieces).
* Still loves cars. Not sure if he'll ever not love cars. If he's not coloring or doing puzzles, he's playing with cars - making monster truck courses, having races and demolition derbies, or just holding and examining them. He has a hoard of Hot Wheels in bed with him each night and he insists on tucking them in with his own blanket.
* Has a fantastic little lisp.
* Has a promising future working in the Ministry of Silly Walks.
* Loves to lounge around. If there's something soft nearby, she'll go, "Ohhhhhhhh" and fall into it.
* Claps any time she hears anyone cheer.
* She's taking this walking thing very slowly. She's been taking a few steps here and there for about a month now, but she still prefers crawling and holding on to things.
And there you have it. An exhaustive update on the goings-on of our children!